Further information can be found under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html (Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy). Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We respect every individual's privacy. Please read our data protection policy carefully. It contains information relating to how we capture and use the personal data you provide to us. Personal data refers to all data belonging to an identifiable natural person. Examples of personal data are name, age, email address, private or postal address, telephone number or IP address.
List of sections – click on the corresponding headings to access this section
1. What areas are covered by the data protection policy?
2. Who is responsible for the personal data that is captured?
3. Special note – if you are under 16 years of age
4. Do I have to enter my personal data to visit Epson's website?
5. Why does Epson need my personal data?
6. Mailing of further information
7. What sources does Epson receive my personal data from?
8. Who does Epson pass on my personal data to?
9. What rights do I have with regard to the disclosure of my personal data?
10. Is Epson responsible for links to other websites?
11. What security measures does Epson take to protect my personal data?
12. How long does Epson store my personal data?
14. How can I contact Epson?
15. Will Epson be amending this policy in the future?
This data protection policy concerns our use of your personal data.
Responsibility for the handling of personal data on this website lies with Epson Europe B.V., headquartered in the Netherlands, registered under Registration Number 33215466 at the address Hoogoorddreef 5, Amsterdam Zuidoost, Netherlands.
If you are under 16 years of age, please do not send us any personal data (e.g. name, address and email address). If you are under 16 years of age and would like to ask a question or make use of the website in any other way where you are obliged to enter your personal data, this must be done for you by your parent or legal guardian.
Generally you can access a part of our website and use it without telling us who you are or disclosing any other personal data. However, there are several areas of our website that do require the entry of personal data. For example, you must enter the minimum data required in order to acquire products or services, or so that we may respond to your questions.
We capture your personal data in order to be able to do the following:
- fulfil our obligations with regard to product or service agreements concluded with you
- offer you benefits with regard to your warranty and after-sales services
- identify you when you contact us
- store your preferences to save you time as you browse our website
- process your application for a position with us and, if appropriate, your employment with us
- carry out relevant credit checks.
Sometimes we would like to use your personal data for purposes other than those listed in the previous section. Our view is that this is to your advantage. However, we are aware that you may not want us to use your data in this way. We will not use your data for the purposes listed below if you have told us when you provided the data that we should not use it for the purposes that follow:
- carrying out surveys and obtaining your views on products and services
- notification of new products or special offers that might be of interest to you
- notification of marketing promotions, such as gifts, competitions and prize draws
- carrying out market analyses and customer profiling
- monitoring and registering written communication exchanges and telephone communications for quality assurance and compliance purposes as well as for processing your enquiries and complaints.
We capture your personal data from a number of sources, including the following:
- when you register your details on our website, when you buy one of our products or register for a service, when you take part in any of our promotion offers or surveys, when you make contact with our call centre or when you register for any of our public events, e.g. exhibitions and trade fairs
- when we acquire or take over new companies
- via documents that are in the public domain, e.g. the electoral register.
We do not usually pass on your personal details to third parties that do not belong to the Epson Group of companies without your permission. The following exceptions apply:
- if it is necessary in order for us to fulfil agreements we have entered into, for the provision of services to which you have agreed, e.g. for the order process, the payment process and sales information bulletins
- if we are legally required to do so in the course of legal proceedings
- if it is a matter of compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
- in the context of a merger with or acquisition by another company.
We may transfer your personal data to our branch offices and across borders within the EU in order to consolidate, store or simplify customer information management.
You have a number of rights with regard to all personal data that you disclose to us. These include:
- You can require us at any time to process or delete the personal data you have disclosed to us that is stored on our system. If you wish to check or amend your personal data, please let us know as detailed below. You can also use the online access request form on the Epson website.
- You can agree to receive information from us or ask us to delete your name from the mailing list. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can automatically unsubscribe from this particular form of communication or from all of our marketing emails. Please follow the instructions in the email you have received.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we take no responsibility for these and are unable to control what these websites might do with your personal data. This data protection policy does not apply to such websites. Please read the data protection policies of the websites in question.
We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, from unauthorised access and from misuse. These measures include:
- We allow authorised access to your personal data to employees only to the extent required for their work.
- We require our subcontractors' and partners' compliance with our data protection policy and the applicable data protection legislation.
- We enable you to set a password for your account details. We advise you not to use any simple usernames and passwords.
- We store your data on a secure server.
- All our payment transactions use Datacash and HTTP encryption with VeriSign verification. We only store your purchases to date and not your transaction details.
- There are appropriate security measures in force at our company offices.
We retain your data for the period specified in the relevant legislation, or until the end of your subscription for our services, or until you ask us to delete your personal data. In general terms we do not retain your personal data any longer than is required for the purpose for which the data was captured.
Cookies enable the capture of information relating to your operating system. This includes the type of browser, the IP address (Internet Protocol) and the areas of the website that were visited. These cookies enable Epson to improve the user-friendliness of the website and to adapt these to your requirements.
We welcome questions, comments and enquiries relating to this data protection policy or to your personal data as stored by us. Please address your comments and enquiries to
We reserve the right to revise this policy from time to time as we see fit. All future amendments will be notified on this page. This data protection policy was last updated in November 2011.